Sunday, April 10, 2011

Op-shopping Adventures

Hello everyone!

Last weekend, I went op-shopping :)
All together, I bought 4 things. 2 dresses, a skirt and jeans
First of all I will tell you the story about the dresses and the skirt :)

Dress number 1. COST: $1
A long, true vintage style navy dress. I had planned to wear it to my grandparents 5o's themed birthday/anniversary party. I have such cool grandparents! :) But since then I have decided against it because I want to wear a more full-skirted dress. True 50's style. But not much loss, as the dress was only $1.
The photos have made the dress go an odd colour. It is more of a navy-blue colour.




Dress number 2. COST: $7

This one was a bit more expensive then the last, but it was still only $7 :) What I thought was amazing about this one is that I had seen this dress in DFO at Brisbane for about $50. I loved it but I didn't buy it because they didn't have my size. What luck? :) I'm not too sure about the yellow belt though!



Skirt number 1. COST: $2.50
Is this not the most hideous skirt you have seen in a while? Alright, so it is ok, but what were they thinking choosing those fabrics together? It's a french label too!
My friend had asked me if I could sew some pretty material together to make a bow headband for her. For $2.50, I thought the bottom fabric was pretty good and I might use the lace for something too :)




The story about the jeans will have to come another day! What I can tell you, is that I scored them for $7.

TOTAL ITEMS: 4
TOTAL COST FROM OP SHOPPING ADVENTURES: $17.50


Look what is coming for me in the mail from the lovely Sarah at The Forty Acre Wood I'm Pretty Excited :)


One day my photos will be of good quality...

2 comments:

  1. You have made some pretty good purchases there! I especially love that pretty floral dress :)
    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool we have so much in common! And you live in the sweetest continent EVER so that just makes me like you even more. ;)
    That sewing pattern is AWESOME. Seriously dress view #1 is soo freaking cute. We better be seeing some pictures of the dress when it's done! :)

    ReplyDelete