Saturday, March 26, 2011

Floral Pants

My first pair of floral pants. And the plus side? totally free. :)
My mum has been de-stashing her fabric cupboard for some time now and had this lovely floral fabric that she has had since the 90's. It was about 85cm long and the pattern (which my mum also had in the cupboard from the 90's) called for about 120cm. I managed to squeeze it in nicely though!


The biggest challenge for these ones would have to be the pockets! I have never added inside pockets before and the instructions were not that clear! After multiple unpickings (minimum of 10) I finally finished them. They sit pretty well too!



I don't know what to wear with them. I'm thinking alight denim jacket? What do you think?

Excuse my head being chopped off! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love how you diy so much stuff and show them on your blog! That twine ball was also something i've been wanting to do... but maybe I'll wait till i got a house of my own first! those shorts are just perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floral fabric! It's so pretty, and the pants look great :) Also I wanted to say I think it's great to focus more on yourself and your projects, I love to see the things you make and to know more about you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! It's lovely fabric. Shorts are really tricky to sew, and I always have trouble inserting the pockets! A light denim jacket would look great with those shorts like you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment. I enjoy your blog too.

    The first quilt is definitely my favourite and I want to recreate the half square triangle pattern. I think I'll start off with something small first though, like a pillowcase. I have a whole load of fabric scraps to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your mom had this amazing fabric just laying around. I'm jealous, I wish my mom had things like this in her stash! The shorts turned out so cute! I love their loose fit. Great job Olivia! They were definitely worth the multiple unpickings. :)

    ReplyDelete